Monday, May 19, 2008

It's Like Pulling Teeth

When I was brushing Ian's teeth tonight, I wondered: at what point does helping your offspring maintain good personal hygiene become abusive? Ian HATES getting his teeth brushed. I basically hold him down the whole time (or, for five seconds--one second per tooth).

Is that going to cause psychological damage?

And while we're on the subject, Ian's sixth tooth came in. Keep 'em coming, that's what I say. The sooner they're all in, the sooner he'll stop being cranky.

1 comment:

Glen & Kat said...

It's nice to know someone struggles too. Kaden is starting to get stronger so the other day I laid him on the floor so I could 'sit' on him to pin his arms. I felt like the most horrible mom ever. I just keep telling him that one day he'll thank me. These boys are so stubborn!